AFRICAN CHANGEMAKERS FELLOWS COHORT 2 (ACFELLOWS).
AKWA IBOM STATE – NIGERIA
MEET-UP HELD AT WACKY’S EATERY PLAZA IKOT EKPENE
ON THE 29TH SEPTEMBER, 2018
The meeting started with the arrival of the ACF fellows at 1pm
THE MEETING: The meeting was moderated by the convener, Akaninyene Obot
OPENING PRAYER: Cletus Ogbodo staid the opening prayer
INTRODUCTION: All the fellows present took the time to introduce themselves
OPENING REMARKS: The convener, Akaninyene Obot started by appreciating fellows for turning up for the meeting as agreed during the group’s online what’s app chat. He charged the fellows to strive and complete their online activities. He also reminded the fellows why the what’s app platform was formed and emphasized that any fellow that need assistance in the course of the program should always make use of the platform. Cletus Ogbodo was nominated to draft a report of the meeting and post it on the group’s what’s app platform and on the ACT facebook page. Samuel Akpan was nominated to take the pictures and also post
The convener asked the fellows to share their experiences on the program so far. Each of the fellow took the time to share their experiences, the challenges and the opportunities. Afterwards, the following deliberations were made:
- On the community project, we agreed on a thematic topic (Youth violence in Nigeria) after much deliberations on different topics
- We agreed that the target populations will be two Secondary Schools, one in Uyo and the other in Ikot Ekpene. The classes will be the SS1 to SS3
- The topic were divided into six (6) areas:
- Introduction to youth violence
- Youths as instruments of violence
- Causes of youth violence
- Effect of youth violence
- Measures of tackling youth violence
- Human capacity development as a panacea to youth violence
- Questions and answer
Kenneth Bako was nominated to post the topic on the group’s platform and that the convener who is also the what’s app admin to request that fellows pick out the area they want to talk on and research on same.
- The meeting listed the materials that will be needed for the school outreach as: flex, customized t-shirt, rented projector, letter to the choose schools, incentives for the best participating students and the topic materials for the school’s library. Samuel Akpan was nominated to do the market survey on the listed materials
- On mentorship, fellows agreed that contacts will be given to the students at the end of the outreach
- We agreed that it was the responsibility of the fellows as alumni to sensitize others Akwa Ibom people about the ACF and encourage them to actively participate when the opportunity starts
- The meeting agreed to have another physical meeting in the second week of Oct, 2018 and that the admin/convener should reach out to every Akwa Ibom ACF fellows
VOTE OF THANKS: The convener appreciated all the fellows for the deliberations
CLOSING PRAYER: Samuel Akpan said the closing at 3.20pm
- Akaninyene Obot, Kenneth Bako, Samuel Akpan, Ogbodo Cletus, Ugochuku Ugwudi.
Some fellows took permission to be absent from the meeting so as to attend to issues.
AKANINYENE OBOT CLETUS OGBODO
#AfricanChangeMakers #iamthechangeAFRICA #ACFellowshipCohort2
VIEW ALL PICTURES AT: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmuv8Bs6