Are you interested in a career with African Changemakers? Join a dynamic, fun innovative team. Our team are diverse, you can work with us Virtually or Remote . Anyone from around the world is welcome to apply as we believe in diversity and inclusiveness, note that all current career opportunities are unpaid, but AC will show gratitude for your service rendered through recommendation letter, awards and certificate to honor you. We expect you to have to have access to laptop/computer and internet to be able to work remotely on project management platform. As changemakers, you must have the skills and team spirit to function professionally well in your chosen position, this is not a learn on the job opportunity.
Current Jobs – Internship/Volunteers
Event Coordinator Team (3 positions)
Types of Event: conferences; awards events; Advocacy, exhibitions and fairs, fundraising and social events; promotions and product launches.
As an Event Coordinator, you’ll need to:
• Liaise with all African Changemakers department to find out their exact event requirements;
• Produce detailed proposals for events (for example, timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
• Research venues, suppliers and contractors, and then negotiate prices and hire;
• Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (for example, venue, catering, travel);
• Liaise with sales and marketing teams to publicize and promote the event;
• Manage all pre-event planning, e.g. organizing guest speakers and delegate packs;
• Coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget;
• Manage a team of staff, giving full briefings;
• Organise facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media;
• Make sure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed;
• Oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clear the venue efficiently;
• Produce post-event evaluation to inform future events;
• Research opportunities for African Changemakers and events.
You will need to have:
• Organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Communication and interpersonal skills;
• Negotiation skills when looking for the best price from venues, suppliers and contractors;
• Time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure to ensure the efficient running of an event;
• Project management experience;
• Problem-solving skills and diplomacy;
• Sales and marketing skills to promote the event and attract sponsorship;
• The ability to manage budgets as you’ll be responsible for event budgets;
• A flexible, target-driven, proactive approach;
• Administrative and IT skills;
• Self-motivation and enthusiasm.
Fundraising & Partnership Development Team (3 Positions)
We are seeking to recruit a Fundraising and Partnerships Development Officer with exceptional communication and organizational skills to develop and manage relationships with a number of prospects, funders and partners. Our small but dynamic fundraising team works closely together to support each other and this role is for someone who is tenacious, creative, with great attention to detail and who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Using your strong interpersonal and written communication skills, you will work closely with the AC Team Lead to develop our donor strategy; identify and approach prospective donors and partners; develop existing relationships in order to maximize support and impact; and develop and support the delivery of high-quality projects that aim to protect and empower social entrepreneurs worldwide on issues including education, entrepreneurship, leadership, youth, women and social issues. You will also be responsible for co-coordinating a small pool of donor-funded global projects which provide support to a number of African Changemakers members in emerging countries and help them to deliver effective, impactful projects.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Support the Executive Board in the development of compelling written concept notes and proposals.
- Manage a pool of your own prospects and funders
- Proactively identify project ideas to raise both unrestricted and restricted income from trusts, foundations and other grant making bodies.
- Produce briefings for senior managers that ensure they have all the information necessary to successfully develop their relationship further with their prospective donors.
- Coordinate African Changemakers global prospect and project pipelines.
Donor Reporting and Stewardship
- Ensure that all donors receive timely and appropriate communications.
- Coordinate and run bi-annual contract management meetings with project managers across the organization to facilitate learning, and to spot and tackle any problems at an early stage.
- Act as an advisory resource to help project managers with satisfactory project delivery and reporting.
- Maintain accurate records for all donors and prospects in the fundraising database (Sales Force) and manage the African Chagemakers expert database
- Research prospective donors and funding sources and match donors to proposed projects, using a variety of direct and indirect research methods.
- Monitor the international fundraising landscape, identifying global and regional trends in giving, and spot calls for proposals and new funding opportunities (e.g. crowd-funding) for African Changemakers priority programs.
- Identify appropriate contacts in each donor organization and help to set up discussions with donors and potential donors.
- Support the development of ongoing relationships with donors.
- 3 years’ experience in a fundraising office or similar environment
- At least two-years experience of managing projects involving a variety of organizations/stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience in developing and maintaining donor/stakeholder relationships
- Highly organized and adept at coordinating a group of individuals to deliver effective project proposals and reports
- Strong research skills
- Database management and analytical skills
- Outstanding writing, reporting, and editing skills in English
- Effective and persuasive writing skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including experience working with people from different cultures, countries, backgrounds and skills.
- Excellent IT skills with knowledge of spreadsheet applications
- A clear understanding of how to develop project ideas and project budgets
A good understanding and knowledge of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
Project Management Team (3 positions)
Work With Changemakers – Source out for projects making impact and can scale in other communities to be listed on project directory.
Outsource/Hire to Changemakers — The Project Coordinator will be responsible for creating milestone schedules, drafting vendor delivery policies, coming up with accurate manpower estimates and preparing technical summary reports for management. We are seeking a detail-oriented individual that can ensure that each project is completed on time and at or under budget. The main goal of Project Coordinator is to make sure that the project runs smoothly by tracking project progress and timely communicating its status to management and project members, as well as making sure that project members communicate with each other. The Project Coordinator is an integral member of the project team responsible for coordinating projects of varying size and complexity or its parts. Project Coordinator is responsible for organizing and controlling project activities and for communicating risks, opportunities and current state of project to his superior and/or other stakeholders. Coordination can range from administration duties (maintenance of project documentation, plans and reports), directing and coordinating project work (assigning tasks, controlling schedule), through engineering duties (maintenance of headcount databases, materials, configuration management) right up to junior project management duties (updating risk/opportunity registers, schedule updates, financial updates).
As a Project Manager assistant
• Assisting and supporting the Project Manager in their daily duties.
• Ensuring that relevant management information is captured and analyzed.
• Assigning tasks
• Working with the team to remove blockers
• Control schedule
• Track, analyze and communicate project risks and opportunities
• Helping the Contract Manager with the development of operating procedures.
• Resolving any financial queries that are raised, including timely communication if extra budget is needed.
• Overseeing procurement and communicating to procurement manager any issues arising
• Involved in Coordinating projects from inception to completion.
• Developing training and briefing material for staff.
• Keeping in close contact with key project members and decision makers
• Track and report project progress
• Update documentation
• Directing Quality Assurance
Areas or expertise:
- Project Coordination
- Planning, directing, organizing project work
- Schedule management
- Quality Assurance
- Risk management
- Procurement management
- Documentation management
- Performance reviews
Skills and Abilities
- Effective time management
- Organizing skills
- Effective teamwork
- Process oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively, including writing skills
- Initiative, ability to manage own time
- Analytical thinking
- Proven experience of participating in projects as project coordinator or project management assistant,
- Evaluation and report writing
- Experience of working effectively with a team
- Experience of delivering training at a variety of levels
- Experience in planning and schedule management
IT, Graphic Design & Web Developer ( 3 positions)
The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications. A web designer/developer is responsible for the design, layout and coding of a website. They are involved with the technical and graphical aspects of a website; how the site works and how it looks. They can also involved with the maintenance and update website.
- establish the purpose of the website based upon its target audience.
- identify the type of content the site will host.
- determine any functionality that the site must support, for example, whether it will handle financial transactions or inquiries.
- give guidance on layout, colors and styles.
They will determine the type of technology to use and how complex the site will be. The web designer/developer will then:
- write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet business requirements.
- test the website and identify any technical problems.
- upload the site onto a server and register it with different search engines.
A web designer/developer will usually work as part of a team, which will include a web author/editor and an account manager.
Skills and Personal Qualities
A web designer/developer should:
- have skills in software programming and graphics
- have creativity and imagination
- be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- have good interpersonal and communication skills
- be able to work on their own or in a team
- be able to work to tight deadlines
- be thorough and precise in their work
- be able to multi-task
- be aware of international web standards and protocols
- be able to use their initiative.
Social Media Strategist/PR (3 Positions)
We are looking for someone with several years’ experience working with multiple brands in the social media marketing space combined with managing and motivating a team dedicated to social media marketing. We’re looking for a highly organized, strong communicator, rock-star that bleeds social media marketing. We are growing and need someone that can hit the ground running!
Candidate will oversee Social Media campaigns which include but are not limited to: research, campaign & content creation, execution, monitoring and reporting. You will also create public relations opportunities for African Changemakers relating to new business, news and successes with the goal of African Changemakers being known as a resource and influencer in the online marketing field. A knowledge of some SEO best practices is also helpful but not a requirement (we can teach) as it is correlated to items we do in the social marketing and SEO space.
- Work with African Changemakers to create a social media strategy that collaborates with marketing
- PR and advertising campaigns for African Changemakers
- Research top influencers, competitors, and trends in African Changemakers industries.
- Create timely and engaging content optimized for platform used and intended audience.
- Monitor sites for opportunities and initiate conversations on behalf of the African Changemakers
- Analyze and report social media actions on a monthly basis for successes and new opportunities
- Create engaging and professional visuals that reflect African Changemakers brand
- Customize social media pages (ex. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram etc), develop supporting offline collateral, create original content, etc
- Manage social media team members’ (includes interns) responsibilities, conduct team meetings, advise on projects, and motivate team members
- Continue to refine and define our social marketing process
- African Changemakers marketing materials, social media content and shared by employees
- Identify and develop opportunities and PR connections for African Changemakers to be used as a resources for public relations (print, online, speaking, consulting)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience managing a team of Social Media and/or PR team members.
- Proven success with social media campaigns and/or PR management.
- Knowledge and experience with common monitoring and reporting tools for Social Media and PR
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION FOR…
- Be happy, smile, and bring a positive attitude to the team.
- Ability to work as a team to create a solid branding message for African Changemakers
- Ability to create and deliver press releases based on African Changemakers achievements, new opportunities, partnership and social entrepreneurs achievements
- A passion for staying current with social media trends and tools – including attending networking and educational events, reading blogs, and listening to podcasts